Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The New Love of My Life


Meet Cooper, the artist formerly known as Tyrone/Boomer. He's a boxer, with a tad of bulldog mixed in. Super mellow, a bit intimidating looking (or so says Durham random guys as I'm walking him), and really affectionate.

We've been going through a bit of adjusting, but last night, was perfect. We went from whining and barking all night, like the first night I got him. Then the next night was a little better.. and last night, about a week after I got him.. silent night. Sleep like that was glorious.

One issue? Jumping on/lunging at dogs (and especially cats). The barking has ceased, but he still picks on others.. which we're working on. He has a pretty gnarly pinch collar that's been working, but progress is slow. At least I know he'll protect me, I guess.

Adventures in first time dog owning to follow, because I really have no idea what I'm doing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails