Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dinner Party?!

I love a good dinner party... and wish my apartment was a little bigger to host a get together (or rather, my kitchen.) but I've always enjoyed throwing and attending them when I go home. At my mom's house, she keeps things simple and delicious -- perfect for entertaining. At my dad's, I am always more ambitious than I should be.. and sometimes get a (little, ha.) stressed out.. but it all turns up amazing.

Here's some ideas I've stumbled upon that I can't wait to use (one day).

Blinded Beer Tasting {Apple Cyder}

I am by no means a connoisseur.. but this will really put everyone's skills to the test. I wonder if I can even taste the difference between Bud Light and Miller Light? I know.. shameful. I'll branch out one of these days. But I do love the Triangle Brewing Company and Big Boss -- love supporting local businesses.

Pizza-on-a-Stick {Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day}

How great do these appetizers look? Definitely want to try these soon..

Lavender Lemonade {Design*Sponge}

Not only is this drink beautiful -- it looks delicious. Recipe is listed in the link.. the lavender is a great new twist.

Love love these ideas.

2 comments:

Dottie said...

I like dinner parties, too. Same with you, space is a bit of a problem. Earlier today my husband was listing names of people we should have over together so they could all meet and I was like - yeah, um, where are we going to put everyone? Little condo :) I love these ideas, though!

lauren said...

i love the pizza on a stick idea! that would be a great idea for when i host football parties and such.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails