Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Homemade Pizza!

I adore fresh pizza -- esp that of Brixx and all those fire pizza ovens. I attempted to make my own pizza the other night, and it turned out quite well. The only problem that I had was that I preheated the pizza stone (that's what you're supposed to do, right?) but then I made my pizza on one of my thin cutting boards.. transferring the pizza to the hot stone became quite a task. I ended up folding it in on itself.. then relaying it as best as I could without burning myself (if you know me, you know I did not succeed).

But anyways.. here's how it went:

Materials:
Trader Joes Pesto Pizza Dough (real cheap -- like $1.99)
Pizza sauce (also TJ's)
Fresh basil -- from my "garden"
Diced tomatoes (from the can)
Mozzerella cheese

Method:
Baked at 450 degrees C for about 8 minutes until the crust was nice and done.

It was delicious -- and super easy once I got it on the stone (no final picture, as it looked less than artistic, however it tasted divine).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails