Saturday, February 27, 2010

Poor and Hungry: Honey Bran Blueberry Muffins

I'm a sucker for blueberry muffins -- it reminds me of my childhood, and it's always been a comfort food of mine.  Moms taught me this trick when I was young that you can buy a huge bushel (basket?) of blueberries, fresh from the farmer's market/grocery store -- use them fresh for a while, and before they go bad, freeze them.  That way you get the benefit of fresh blueberries, and also get to use blueberries all year around.

I'm still using the blueberries I bought in season (summer) -- and last weekend I was having such a craving for some muffins!  Moms told me the simplest way to get a healthy and quick muffins is to use the Martha White mix, add some milk, blueberries, and in about 14 minutes you've got some stellar muffins.

..and she was right!

So Poor and Hungry presents Honey Bran Blueberry Muffins:


Follow the directions on the bag (which, btw cost less than $2), add a handful or two of frozen blueberries and cook for about 14 min or so.  I use silicone muffin "tins", which work great and are really easy to use.

And they were delicious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails