Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cascarones!

So last night -- we were all grilling/drinking out in the backyard, and JP came out and hit us all on the head with these Mexican celebration (usually for Easter) eggs.  Filled with confetti, they're meant to bring good luck if it was broken on your forehead.  I don't know where he acquired these in Durham, but I have a feeling it was from this delicious Mexican bread-shop down the street from his house.. hm.

Anyways -- it was actually a lot of fun, and my bathtub (and my pillowcases) are filled with confetti that I shook out of my hair.  And if you're really sneaky, you can smack your friends on the head when they least expect it.

image via gracie's eggies

Martha Stewart has a how-to here.  Super easy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails