Monday, April 19, 2010

Comfort Foods: Grilled Pimiento Cheese


How delicious does that look?  I know you're mouth is watering right now -- it was epically incredible and the perfect hangover cafe sandwich.

The trick?  Perfect pimiento cheese.  Now, since I'm from the south and we tend to put mayonnaise on everything (or ranch.. which is basically the same thing but with spices.. err), I was always used to and still love Stan's pimiento cheese.  However, as far as spreads go -- it's not friendly to my waist line if I ate it as much as I'd like to.

Then Moms started making her own pimiento cheese.  Y'all.  It's perfect.  It's not my recipe to divulge but the trick is to use aged sharp cheddar.  And like every good Southern recipe -- Duke's mayonnaise.  

This pimiento cheese goes so well on everything -- crackers, bread, steak.. you name it.  Divine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails