Friday, February 26, 2010

Poor and Hungry: Light Pasta with Rosemary


This is so simple and delicious -- I'm going to have to make it more often!

I stopped by Whole Foods on my way home, and they actually had a quality Parmesan Reggiano on sale for a decent price (at least for this most time expensive cheese).  I love the saltiness of the cheese, and the distinct bite it gives a dish.

..and did I mention it's simple?  Yeah. it's that too.

Light Pasta with Rosemary
-Cook the pasta (above I used orecchiette -- organic, not wheat unfortunately)
-Drain it, and put the pasta back in the pot
-Grate the parmesan over top of the pasta -- as much as you like
-Let it melt, stir
-Add pepper and rosemary (and a pad of butter if it's the pasta isn't well coated)

and voilĂ !

A whole box of pasta lasted me 3 meals (and a snack) -- and it keeps pretty well so you don't have to eat it for every consecutive meal after you make it.  heyohhh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails